2017 Theme – “Opening Doors”
Important Dates and Information
- We encourage artists to select one piece that best represents their work. Due to the large number of submissions, if we receive multiple entries from an artist we may only be able to accept one.
- Artwork received by March 3 will be considered for the MOTH marketing poster.
- The official art intake day is Friday, March 17. Art intake location will be announced at a later date.
- We require an entry form for each donation. Click here for the online 2017 Art Entry Form.
We can accept 100 pieces total for the auction and 30 – 35 of those for the live auction. Artwork will be juried for inclusion and placement in the live or silent auction. We may not be able to accept all donations. If your piece is not chosen for the live auction, you have the option of replacing it with another piece for the silent auction or withdrawing your donation. We will select and announce the live auction entries by April 1.
All artwork accepted for the auction becomes the property of Sisters Folk Festival, Inc.
To Thank Our Donating Artists…..
- We will again be producing a 60+ page print piece including an image of every donation along with information about each artist. We will distribute copies throughout Sisters and key locations in Central Oregon. The piece will promote artists and the art community of Central Oregon for a full year.
- Donated artwork is professionally photographed and posted on our website. We will be happy to provide you with a digital file of your donation.
- Each donating artist receives a complimentary ticket to the Saturday auction. Due to space limitations, we can offer you the option to purchase only one additional ticket, but we will discount that ticket to $50 for your guest (regular price is $80). We will notify artists when tickets are available to purchase.
- Contributing artists will also receive a pair of tickets to each of the final two shows in the Winter Concert Series: Rob Ickes & Trey Hensley and Molly Tuttle Band on February 21 and Rose Cousins and Caitlin Canty on March 23. We will automatically issue the tickets and email them to donating artists.
Friday, May 12 – Throughout Sisters
- Community Parade – 4 pm on Hood Avenue
- Community Art Stroll – 4:00 – 7:00 pm
- Community Celebration at The Belfry – 7:00 – 10:00 pm
Saturday, May 13 – Ponderosa Forge & Ironworks
- Art Auction & Party – 6 pm