2017 Theme “Opening Doors”
My Own Two Hands Art Stroll, Parade, Art Auction & Party
May 12 – 13, 2017
Friday, May 12 – Community Arts Celebration Events
Parade – 4 pm on Hood Avenue
Art Stroll – 4 pm – 7 pm, businesses throughout Sisters
Common Canvas – Silent Art Auction closes at 6 pm, Sisters Art Works
Common Canvas Art Projects beginning at 5 pm at The Belfry
Free Concert with Petunia & The Vipers at The Belfry
Saturday, May 13 – Ponderosa Forge & Ironworks
Art Auction & Party – 6 pm (ticketed event – for ticket information contact
Katy Yoder, 541-549-4979)
Sisters Folk Festival, Inc. has launched a 64-page art publication, “A Community of Artists,” highlighting the immense artistic talent in our region. Over 100 artists are featured, along with an image of their work, their contact information and gallery representation. Click on the image to view or download the publication.
“Access to creative outlets whether it’s music, visual arts, dance or literary arts can change a child’s life. Children in Sisters have opportunities no longer available in most public schools. The Americana Project can reveal a child’s gifts; it’s an honor to witness their transformation and see them thrive.”
~ Katy Yoder, SFF Development Director
• My Own Two Hands (MOTH) is a regional celebration of the arts. Each year a theme is selected to inspire artists to create and donate a piece of art to be sold at the benefit auction in support of music and arts programming in the Sisters schools and community.
• Sisters students and the entire community participate. The kick-off is the Community Parade on Friday afternoon with students from all three schools displaying their art.
• Donated artwork is displayed on Friday evening in participating businesses during the My Own Two Hands Art Stroll. Many stroll locations feature live music.
• The Community Arts Celebration on Friday night features a free concert at The Belfry and a slideshow of all the donated artwork.
• On Saturday evening, the Art Auction and Party is the highlight of the weekend with a silent auction, fast-paced live auction plus an upbeat band, all in an exceptionally funky and creative setting.
2017 Award Winners
Theme Award – Kelley Salber
Spirit of Giving Award – Pam Jersey Bird
Merit Awards – Ana Blair, Susie Zeitner, David Rock, Greg Davidge
Americana Folk Award– Michelle Deaderick
Student Achievement Award – Emily Ogan
Ben Westlund Advocate for the Arts Award – Cris Converse